Sunday, November 27, 2011

Los Angeles 2010: Certain of Our Collective Sublime

Life
is a moment to celebrate.
Day is a dance in illumination. 
Night a festival of the unknown.
People party at all levels, 
yet all are equal –
with none above you, 
nor below you, 
Creation is as simple as that.

I hear the song 
of eternal ages, 
while I listen 
decades come and go.
I see all touched equally 
by time’s sense of balance,
as I watch, 
centuries blur 
into a single breath of now.

One inhale is equal 
to all that has ever been re-created.
One exhale is equal 
to all that has ever been re-defined.
One cycle of ever-spiraling formations, 
Singularity that equals the whole.

I smell the riches of the ages,
wealth buried 
right in front and under my nose.
I taste the passion 
of love’s compassionate embrace, 
abundant ever-lasting meals
of giving and receiving,
Life is as simple as that.

Life, precious as it is, 
is the reason we are all here.
A single experience 
of our own personal whole, 
nothing more, nothing less –
the uniting your own personal 
purposefulness, 
value and vision,
then expressing it 
in the temple of your form.

I sing my praises and yours too.
I compose a song 
that decomposes all lies –
to reveal truth of the infinite, 
not yet experienced, 
yet ready to be explored.

I have found my Voice, 
unveiled it to ring strong and true.
I touch the cords of my, 
and your own, 
personal universality,
to harmonize with the many, 
and the few.

I am what I am 
because of who we all are.
I am what I am, 
a Being, being human, 
simply being true 
to my nature –
touching my heart strings, 
plucking the infinity 
of our collective divine.

I ever grow to reach 
and touch my awareness 
into this moment today.
I seek nothing 
and I welcome embrace 
of innate wisdom,
so I can hold certain of my, 
and our collective sublime.

~~ Other People's Fingerprints ~~
Sometime after 1869 Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi wrote;
“Truth resides in every human heart,
and one has to search for it there
and to be guided by truth as one sees it.
But no one has a right to coerce others
to act according to his own view of truth."

    Image Credit: Karin Lisa Atkinson